Recovering from the busyness and late nights of the spring break and having to
transition into back-to-school schedules can be stressful 😩. These changes can leave
the whole family feeling sideways with energy and emotions and struggling to get back
into a good sleep routine.
WE WANT TO HELP MAKE THIS TRANSITION AS EASY AS POSSIBLE.
- Earlier is always better ⏰ Make rewards and make it fun! Books, songs, snacks, star
charts, audiobooks, etc.
- Use white noise 🎧, fans, or apps.
- Avoid screens 📱 ideally 1 hour before bedtime
- Avoid quick/unhealthy energy-driving foods. Avoid unnatural colors, carbs, and
processed foods, and add more veggies 🥦, berries, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Make sure the Nervous System is all in Brake Pedal mode.
The brain has 2 modes:
- Sympathetic (gas pedal)
- Parasympathetic (brake pedal)
If your kiddo is stuck and has a busy brain on gas pedal mode – then it’s hard to settle
down no matter how many steps you take.
If this sounds like your kiddo, we would love the opportunity to measure his NS – see
what his brain is telling his body. It may well be that he or she needs help getting into
brake pedal mode.
We’ve helped 1000s of kids, our own included, get better, more restful, easier sleep.
Let’s make this change in the schedule the easiest change yet!